My Life is the Lord's

Sunday, May 14, 2006

My new Blog and Why

Today was minister Bobby Blakey's last sunday teaching in Sunday School class. His message was the best message he ever gave. It really dug into me. I'm wirtting this blog in order to get more christian thoughts out with a better blog name, ha!

The past few weeks I have been self centered and not God centered. And even though I can see the fruits of the Spirit still coming out; I realized that this is not the kind of Christian I have tried to become for these past three years. There is no way to repair my relationship with God but to repent of my sins and move into being God's new creature and stomp out the habitual and nei-cognative sins in my life. This means I have to appologize to a very very close friend, and bring up something that I do not want to bring up, something embarrasing and retarded.

Things that are hard to say are often just not said I think, and thats not good. Jesus said a lot of things that might not have been the most comfortable thing to say, like in John 4, when he confronts the woman at the Well about her sin. Obviously we shouldn't wait out at the gallon store and tackle sinners like that, we don't have that kind of authority I don't think, or at least none that will be respected, but when you are taking to a friend you can use or gain the authority you have in your relationship. And greatfully, I have no authority in my relationship with God. God has moved my heart to repent in this awkwardly uncomfortable fashion, but I look at it this way: if repentance is turing around, then when you turn around you have to go back up roads that you have taken, like taking a U-turn at a stop sign , and back the way you came almost (without the sin this time). I feel in order to repent, I need to go the rough road.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger emma said…

    this is soo cool drew, can't wait to read more, oh and good luck with that confronting thing!

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Drew, That's great you were encouraged by the message today! Love the look of the new blog! Looking forward to reading about your spiritual growth and study in the Word! This will be a great way for us to keep in touch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home