My Life is the Lord's

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Romans 8:1-3

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are now in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."

When we join the body of Christ, we are no longer hell bound. When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior we are absolved from all our past, present and future sins. I think I can forget just how much that means. When we are saved, the Holy Spirit moves through us and in us and we no longer obey our flesh as our god, but Jesus as our God. We don't have to do these sins we do, there is a way out, we should not even sin when we think it's a good idea (Romans 6:1-2). We can live a sin free life, and sometimes I feel trapped by myself. Like there's only one way out, only one way to complete my day and thats to commit a sin. No sin in particular, but sometimes I will feel like I need something and will do whatever it takes to get it. I'll use our laundry money to buy a Coke, or even lie to my grandparents to watch another epidsode of arrested development. That is not "walking according to the Spirit," now is it?

"For the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the Law of Sin and Death."

Death. Theres something no one wants to think about. The good news though is that Jesus gave us eternal life. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whoever beleives in Him shall not perish but shall have eternal life." I had this vision one day... of what eternity would be like... it was so beautiful I couldn't stand it and I begun to cry right on to Roni's shoulder. There was not a part of it that wasn't God's glory. Revelation 21: 4; "[And]God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." A place so glorious that God will literally take away our pain... Where we will live for an unfathomoble eternity. Living forever with God.

"For what the Law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned Sin in the flesh."

Our hearts and minds are corrupt, (Mark 7:21-22 "For from within, out of the Heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adultries, fornications, murders etc...) and because of this we corrupted the Law of God. God condemns the corruption, and builds us new again (John 3:3) and we must become born again.

It's thoughts like this that really push my convictions as a member of Christ's body. I thought I'd just bring it out. My first bigger post is in the works, and will be done soon.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been thinking about this topic too- it's one thing to hear we're freed from sin, and it's another thing entirely to remove it from our life. This was really encouraging, Drew. Thanks.

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Evan said…

    I love the expository style of this post, drew. The explanations of Bible verses and examples from your life are a great encouragement to me. I hope to see more of these in the future! Thank you for opening up to everyone everything a certain Bible verse means to you.

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Drew, you know how I love Bible-based blogging and the expositional style of this post was sweet! I think that it's great how you pointed out any sin, even little ones, means we are not walking according to the Spirit. It isn't about how bad the sins we do are, but about missing out on the good things we could have done through the Spirit's power.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home