My Life is the Lord's

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Worship

Eric Drury and I are now in responsible command of Worship at High Point. We are both taking the role cereal (instead of serious, 'cereal' will now be used) and want to Lead in Spirit and Truth.

This last Sunday we had no other way of leading Worship!

Eric texted me at 4am on sunday morning, saying that he was 'Hacking' all night. I was left to my own devices and immediately thought of a way out.

I thinks I has the solution


This Pslam stuck out to me almost immeadiately (4:05)

Psalm 145

1 I will exalt you, my God the King;
I will praise your name for ever and ever.

2 Every day I will praise you
and extol your name for ever and ever.

3 Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
his greatness no one can fathom.

4 One generation will commend your works to another;
they will tell of your mighty acts.

5 They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty,
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.

The first act of worship found in this Pslam is Meditation. I decided that for worship we should all bow our heads in silence and meditate, and Derek suggested we open the floor up to prayer.
It was a good idea, I was pretty nervous though haha.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Drew, Great to hear you and Eric are being lead worshippers at HP. Also, great idea to have a time of meditation/prayer. As you know, we don't need music to worship because it's a lifestyle! Keep living it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home