My Life is the Lord's

Sunday, December 03, 2006

To the Public

I don't think I was clear enough in my last post. I caused a lot of tension and I'm sorry for that.

I intend on leaving the youth group unless several things are done. The first being a formal apology for all the headaches this situation has caused me, the second being a public acknowledgement of the fallacies used against me. Then I will gladdly go back to being a participant in the youth group. I would also like to announce that I know no one actually thinks Derek is in the right mind to kick me out of the yotuh group and encourage my ostricization.

Why would I want to participate in a youth group whose leader thinks I'm in sin, when he has no real scriptural evidance to back it up and a goyum of people who think the same thing? I am a growing Christian. This is all extremely ridiculus. You all have absolutley no idea how much it hurts to see such a Godly group of people not listen to Jesus Christ.

That's really what all of this is about. I'd rather listen and learn from Jesus then from Derek. If Derek thinks differently then Jesus then I cannot be in service with him. If High Point wants me back, I don't think I'll come back to be honest. Why should I come back when there is purely more then one disagreement? There will be many because of the difference I have with the way Scripture is used in faith and life.

I Beleive scripture is all God Breathed. I beleive that God wants me to hear every word from the Bible and take it too heart. I beleive that each sentence in the Bible has so much to it that we will never understand all of it. I beleive in the clarity as well as the ambiguity of the Bible. I beleive that each person has to know scripture well, and there can be many ways of looking at it and many ways of things in scripture and just because someone's interpretation is different doesn't make them wrong (not to say that there cannot be wrong interpretations). I sure hope everyone thinks something similar, because it will stop a lot of their friends pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home